Prayaas and Daya Trust are jointly operating this Tailoring training centre in Shimoga, Karnataka.
It aims at training and employment of poor and unemployed women in slums. Women get employment in garment manufacturing units or get self employed as tailors.
TRAINING CENTRE SETUP AND HIRING TRAINER:
- Training room contains six tailoring machines, a table, a board and ten chairs.
- Trainer is an experienced tailoring instructor with minimum experience of five years in garment industry.
PROCESS OF STUDENT IDENTIFICATION:
- Casting the training program through word of mouth and name board in the community.
- Eligibility of the trainee – unemployed women
- Training will be basic tailoring for six months and advanced design for six months.
- Stitching materials will be brought by the trainees.
- Coordinating with HR Managers of garment factories and get them placed
- Whenever they require manpower they will contact us.
RESULT TILL TODAY:
- Till today total 182 women have got trained in the centre out of which 103 got placed.