First batch consisting of 7 students was started on 22nd of March at Bangalore. The organising partner of this activity is “Skills Excellence Academy”. Both proposed team member , Mr. A Prbhu and Mr.John Santosh have joined the academy on full time basis and currently working full time on the Project awarded to SEA by Prayaas. The course is being organised with Infrastructural support of Loyala Industrial Training centre, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore. The objective is to get the entry level job for these particioants by awarding the requisite skills by this intiative. SEA is providing the courseware and all training material support.
Happy New Year to all “Prayaasis”….. The News Letter is printed and available on demand. Kindly reserve your copy ASAP. click the link below for a PDF copy. Kindly send it to all your Friends.
As announced earlier, Prayaas Bangalore is happy to invite all its members and volunteers for its “General Body Meeting” on 24th April at Bangalore. Main Agenda will be to implement restructuring planned in various management committees of Prayaas (1st time after its inception) and addition/deletion of trustees.
The meeting will start at 6.30PM & will be at below address.
Srishti Software Applications Pvt. Ltd., L-174,6th Sector, HSR Layout, Bangalore-560 102, India.
It is on service road of outer ring road before silk board junction.
We have so far confirmation from Ajay, Bhartendu, Goel, Ramashankar, Amitesh, Arvind, Sarvesh. I suggest Amit( Hydrabad) & Priya Ranjan ( out of India ) can join through “skype”. Please confirm so that we will add your userID for “skype” meeting in advance.
Check the suggestion from Dr. Goel to gear up activities in Bangalore for the employbility improvement program for needy youths.siteadmin
- To start first batch of vocational training for 20 unemployed youth and prepare them for employment in retail/related industry
- I have met Principal of Loyola ITI, Bannergatta Road, Banaglore and he has agreed to co-operate by providing class room ( at a cost ).
- Training material from Skills excellence Academy can be issued ( sample enclosed). Prayaas logo also can be incorporated.
- Freelance trainers for soft skills and domain specific training to be identified ( I have started some work through our network).
- Two full time programme co-ordinators cum faculty ( one for spoken English and one for basic computers) may be hired for 3 month duration till the 1st batch is completed and all the participants are placed . To be reviewed after that. Two persons whom I have met and look suitable agree to join with immediate effect and assist in finmalising course contents and selection of the candidates.
- John Santosh : Programme co-ordinator cum Spoken English Faculty . He has 2 + years of experience in teaching similar courses under MES in one VTP : Expects Rs. 6000/- pm + minor reimbursements of local travel & phones expenses for official work
- Prabhu A : CO- program co-ordinator cum Computer faculty. He is an MCA : Expects Rs. 7500/- pm + minor reimbursements of local travel & phones expenses for official work
Proposed date for starting 1st batch is : 13.03.10
- We may need to provide a short Train the Trainer program , using the proposed training material so that each one involved is at the same wave- length of course contents.
- I have also started some hunting for placement in Retail/insurance industry for the participants.
Phase 2 :
- To start a small office cum own Training centre with one or 2 classroom + other basic facilities ( in next 2-3 months)
- To release an adv in newspapers to attract suitable participants for future courses who are needy and suitable
Request your views & suggestions.